Need a way to entertain yourself while digesting the fried fantasies of the Texas State Fair? Try out this scavenger hunt.
1. Kid on a Leash
2. Tony Romo jersey
3. Fanny Pack
5. Someone barefoot
6. Someone wearing not enough clothes
7. Baby drinking Coke
8. Someone carrying too many stuffed animals
9. Kid having a tantrum
10. Someone eating fried butter
11. Vomit on the ground
12. Someone wearing high heels…or inappropriate shoes for the fair
13. Senior in scooter
14. Teenager dipping
15. Stuffed animal sold in unnatural pose
16. Kid hysterically crying in a ride w their parents laughing
17. Cheapest and most expensive rides
18. People taking pictures of themselves with farm equipment
19. Someone wearing all black standing next to a cowboy
20. An animal pooping
21. A family wearing the same shirt (bonus if they shirts are neon colored)
22. Someone using a LONG walking stick to walk through the fair.
I found about 25% ish of the list…but I was more interested in trying THE FOOD! This year, I tried:
- Fried Guacamole: Skip it. The breading was too thick and the guac too hot and not salty enough.
- Fried Spinach and Cream Balls: Definitely try, served with a side of salsa, these creamy, finger foods were as addicting as mini quiches
- Fried Mac and Cheese: One word: YES
- Corny Dog: Classic
- Fried Queso Balls: Eh, tried it, wouldn’t go back. The breading was too thick and chewy.
- Fresh Lemonade: end the day walking around the park with a fresh glass. You won’t regret it.