I’m starting a new habit.
Every morning, I do 10 minutes of reading and journalling to decompress and/or wake up.
Book: Something to SMILE About by Zig Ziglar
(this is great, because, I DO have a 2013 goal to read more!)
This book, along with my cup of coffee and three weeks, has changed my approach to the day.
Lessons learned include:
- Change ‘Got to’ to ‘Get to’
- Common sense and practical application are the best ways to the top.
- Doing beats talking every time.
- Stop worrying
- 40% of what we worry about won’t happen
- 30% of worry has already happened
- 12% of our worries are unfounded health concerns
- 10% involve daily miscellaneous that accomplishes nothing
………and honestly, looking back at some of the stories..I realize, I’ll need to re-read.
I have found it’s a nice “non-electric” wake up…you know what I mean….my typical morning used to be:
1. Wake up
2. Roll over to the computer and or phone
3. Check facebook, instagram, etc…. just in case
4. Get out of bed